We have had a crazy two weeks here at the house while we've been putting in our beautiful (and done!) new floor in our living room and library. Every room in the house has suffered for our project's sake - either by being filled with shelves, knick-knacks and books, or by having its routine picking-up neglected because our time has been spent in the project rooms. The laundry room has been no exception! I have done ZERO batches of laundry in the last 17 days. This wouldn't be the end of the 'Clean Clothes World' normally, except that the week before we started I didn't do as many batches as I should have (read that as zero as well), and the week before that we were playing in Disneyland - where, not surprisingly, I didn't even think about the laundry. So... a month of NO LAUNDRY. This morning the inevitable happened, and Trav's underpants supply ran completely dry. (For any of you even considering making a joke about underpants + completely dry being used in the same sentence - just let it go!) My fresh-from-the-shower, wrapped-in-a-towel husband informed me that all of his underpants were M.I.A. and asked me if I would run to the store and grab him some more. Well... I was already feeling like a BAD WIFE for not having washed any of his clothes, so I didn't want to tell him that I simply could not run to the store for him because I hadn't showered, or brushed my hair. Or my teeth. I did try to offer up a few solutions first, such as him digging to the bottom of the drawer for the weird, funky pair we all keep there. He's worn those already. Oh. Maybe he could slide his yesterday pair back on? Inexcusable. Hmm. Okay, what if he just went without them just for today and I promise I'll wash some? Uh uh, no way, TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE. Alrighty then, I guess stinky me running to the store is the only workable option. I hopped in my car, considered running to Target, where I would normally run for such things - if I were clean. Uh uh, no way, totally unacceptable! They know me by name there, and it's a certainty that someone I know will see me and want to chat. And it's also a certainty that if I even crack my lips enough to smile, the toxic sludge living in my mouth this morning would seep out and flay the flesh from the face of said person that knows me. Nope, no Target. Also no Kohl's, for the same reasons. Our men's underpants suppliers within running range of our house are pretty limited, and there was only one more available option... I ran into the Walmart with my tangled and greasy locks flying, my toxic sludge breath panting on the very nice greeter at the door, and my cloud of oder trailing behind me like an unwanted stepchild. Luckily, I wasn't the only one and I got in and out without being noticed!
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
The Underpants Panic
We have had a crazy two weeks here at the house while we've been putting in our beautiful (and done!) new floor in our living room and library. Every room in the house has suffered for our project's sake - either by being filled with shelves, knick-knacks and books, or by having its routine picking-up neglected because our time has been spent in the project rooms. The laundry room has been no exception! I have done ZERO batches of laundry in the last 17 days. This wouldn't be the end of the 'Clean Clothes World' normally, except that the week before we started I didn't do as many batches as I should have (read that as zero as well), and the week before that we were playing in Disneyland - where, not surprisingly, I didn't even think about the laundry. So... a month of NO LAUNDRY. This morning the inevitable happened, and Trav's underpants supply ran completely dry. (For any of you even considering making a joke about underpants + completely dry being used in the same sentence - just let it go!) My fresh-from-the-shower, wrapped-in-a-towel husband informed me that all of his underpants were M.I.A. and asked me if I would run to the store and grab him some more. Well... I was already feeling like a BAD WIFE for not having washed any of his clothes, so I didn't want to tell him that I simply could not run to the store for him because I hadn't showered, or brushed my hair. Or my teeth. I did try to offer up a few solutions first, such as him digging to the bottom of the drawer for the weird, funky pair we all keep there. He's worn those already. Oh. Maybe he could slide his yesterday pair back on? Inexcusable. Hmm. Okay, what if he just went without them just for today and I promise I'll wash some? Uh uh, no way, TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE. Alrighty then, I guess stinky me running to the store is the only workable option. I hopped in my car, considered running to Target, where I would normally run for such things - if I were clean. Uh uh, no way, totally unacceptable! They know me by name there, and it's a certainty that someone I know will see me and want to chat. And it's also a certainty that if I even crack my lips enough to smile, the toxic sludge living in my mouth this morning would seep out and flay the flesh from the face of said person that knows me. Nope, no Target. Also no Kohl's, for the same reasons. Our men's underpants suppliers within running range of our house are pretty limited, and there was only one more available option... I ran into the Walmart with my tangled and greasy locks flying, my toxic sludge breath panting on the very nice greeter at the door, and my cloud of oder trailing behind me like an unwanted stepchild. Luckily, I wasn't the only one and I got in and out without being noticed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
i am so laughing and crying at this at the same time! does he know his little underpants episode is now blog fodder? what a hoot! and I wouldn't be too worried unless you rode into Wal-Mart on a "rascal" with no bra on in addition to the sludge! oh and did you take your Walmart bigno card with you?
Toni, we love you and your quest to get projects done, will you come to our house for awhile to do projects? Can't wait to see the new floors! Was Trav giving you that cute little sideways smile he gets? I can see it now . . .WE love all of you!
Post a Comment